Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2022
One of our most popular France and Spain trips, this jam-packed journey from Paris to Barcelona is a feast for every sense, from lunch with locals and elegant chateaux in the Loire Valley, to the buzz of Avignon's Place de l'Horloge and the irresistible French Riviera.
- Discover Avignon, Nice, Monaco and Arles
- Explore Paris, Lyon, Carcassonne and Barcelona with a Local Specialist
- Visit Saint-Sulpice Church in Paris, Chateau de Chenonceau in the Loire Valley and the Dali Theatre and Museum in Figueres
- View Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Chartres Cathedral, Chateau de Chambord, the Papal Palace of Avignon, the Promenade des Anglais and Place Massena in Nice, Monaco's Royal Palace and Cathedral, the Roman Amphitheatre of Arles and the La Sagrada Familia and Columbus Monument in Barcelona
- Scenic Drive through the Loire Valley
- Connect With Locals Return to 17th-century France and join the de Montferrier family on their farm near the famous Chateau de Villandry for a traditional three-course Tourangelle Be My Guest dinner paired with local wines.
- Dive Into Culture People-watch over a glass of delicious local wine at the bustling Place de l'Horloge in the heart of Avignon.
- Dive Into Culture Visit the Dali Theatre-Museum, considered Salvador Dali's last great work offering visitors real insight into his captivating world.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 2 Dinners
- 9 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- High-speed train from Barcelona to Madrid
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627451
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris: This capital city is your launch pad for an epic adventure through the highlights of France and magnificent Barcelona. Spend your first day in the 'City of Lights' exploring the art, architecture and culture of this romantic city on your own. Visit the Mona Lisa in the Louvre or relax in manicured gardens watching the world go by. This evening, join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive past some of the city's most impressive sights, including the grand Champs-Elysees and Arc de Triomphe.|
Pullman La Defense
|Day 2||Paris||Explore the Sights of Paris: Spend the morning in the company of a Local Specialist, who will share with you the hidden squares and secret lanes of Paris, revealing how Parisians live and shop. Visit the remarkable church of Saint-Sulpice, then enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Walk along the Seine and admire the talents of street artists and performers, amble through the scenic hilltop village of Montmartre or relax with a cafe au lait watching the world go by. This evening, consider soaking up the pageantry of Paris with an Optional Experience to a popular Parisian cabaret.|
|Day 3||Chartres and Chateaux in the Loire Valley||Chartres and Chateaux in the Loire Valley: Visit Chartres, an important place of pilgrimage on 'Way of Saint James', with its inspiring French Gothic Art cathedral which is renowned for its stained glass windows and two contrasting spires. We journey through the rolling landscape of the Loire Valley, past beautiful villages and castles. View the impressive Chateau de Chambord, a marvel of French Renaissance architecture, then visit Chateau de Chenonceau. Later, Connect With Locals, joining your travel companions and the de Montferrier family on their farm near the famous Chateau de Villandry for a traditional three-course Tourangelle Be My Guest dinner experience paired with local wines.|
Mercure Tours Nord
|Day 4||Lyon||Onwards to Renaissance Lyon: Travelling through the heart of France, we arrive in the gastronomic capital of Lyon where we'll join a Local Specialist for a tour of the old city revealing its rich cultural heritage. Wander through the traboules of France's largest Renaissance city and marvel at the magnificent skyline from Fourviere hill. We dine at our hotel this evening, with the rest of the night free to explore the city. See the glittering Renaissance facades lit up at night, attend a world-famous opera or stroll along the river - a peaceful end to a busy day.|
Novotel Gerland Musee des Confluences
|Day 5||Papal Avignon and on to the French Riviera||Journey to Papal Avignon and on to the French Riviera: From Lyon, we drive to Avignon, a Papal Seat in the 14th century. See the Papal Palace, one of the largest and most important medieval Gothic buildings in Europe, and the famous bridge immortalised in the French song - Sur le Pont d'Avignon. Dive Into Culture as you indulge in a glass of the local vintage on a Provencal terrace. This afternoon we arrive in the seaside retreat of Nice, where an orientation tour will introduce you to this coastal city, a favourite retreat among aristocrats for centuries. Walk along the famous Promenade des Anglais and across the checker-board pavement of Place Massena, before spending the rest of the evening at leisure.|
Novotel Aeroport Cap 3000
|Day 6||Monaco||Enjoy a Day in Monaco: Relax on the sun-kissed shores of the Cote d'Azur today. Retreat to the beach with your fellow sun-worshippers, relax at a cafe overlooking the Bay of Angels or take a stroll along the promenade. You could choose instead to embark on an Optional Experience to the medieval hill-top village of Saint-Paul-de-Vence. Later, we'll enjoy an excursion through splendid seaside scenery to Monaco where you'll view the cathedral where Prince Rainier and Princess Grace were married.|
|Day 7||Arles and Carcassonne||Off to Colourful Arles and Carcassonne: We travel west to the Camargue centre of Arles, with its colourful facades and Roman ruins, before continuing through the landscapes of Provence immortalised in the works of Cezanne and Van Gogh. Arriving in the fortified city of Carcassonne, we join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of the Cite which spans some 3km and features 52 towers.|
Best Western Le Donjon
|Day 8||Pass the Pyrenees to Barcelona||Pass the Pyrenees to Barcelona: Driving past the foothills of the Pyrenees, we stop in Figueres to visit the Dali Theatre and Museum where we will Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the fascinating world of Salvador Dali. See his work in this impressive building, before arriving in Barcelona this afternoon for an included sightseeing tour. We'll see the Columbus Monument and Antoni Gaudi's unfinished La Sagrada Familia, with a Local Specialist. The evening is yours to explore this Mediterranean gem. Consider an Optional Experience to enjoy traditional Spanish cuisine and entertainment, or enjoy a delicious tapas feast on your own at one of the city's fine restaurants.|
Hyatt Regency Tower/Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos
|Day 9||Lively Barcelona||Discover Lively Barcelona: Spend the day soaking up the vibrant spirit of Barcelona. Ramble up Las Ramblas and people-watch in the Placa de Catalunya, explore the whimsical architecture of Gaudi dotted across the city or consider an Optional Experience to Barcelona's Gothic Quarter. A further option is a meander up to Montserrat to visit its Benedictine monastery and see the mysterious Black Madonna, the patron saint of Catalonia. This evening, join your Travel Director and travel companions for a memorable Farewell Dinner with wine at a traditional Spanish restaurant.|
|Day 10||Journey Home||Journey Home: It's time to close the curtain on an unforgettable holiday in France and Barcelona. Say adios to the bustling streets of Barcelona and your travel companions. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Gratuities: You have the option to pre-pay the gratuities for your Travel Director and Driver. Please speak with your travel agent.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class