Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2023
The entire family will delight on this Costa Rica tour with endless days spent ziplining through a cloudforest, gliding along the canals of Tortuguero under the watchful eyes of colourful toucans, and trekking up the slopes of a volcano in this action-packed family adventure in the Pura Vida playground.
- Cruise the canals of Tortuguero National Park
- Explore Tortuguero National Park with a Local Specialist
- Visit Tortuguero National Park, a wildlife centre near Sarapiqui, Arenal National Park, Manuel Antonio National Park
- Connect with Locals Visit a local Tico family's palm plantation to learn about and taste the delicate heart of palm.
- Family Fun Cruise through Tortuguero's canals and lagoons seeking out incredible tropical wildlife species.
- Family Fun Visit a wildlife center in Sarapiqui and interact with the resident reptiles and amphibians. Walk along the Arenal Hanging Bridges and go ziplining on the slopes of Arenal Volcano.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER The Sea Turtle Conservancy Tortuguero Visitor Center is an educational center located in the heart of Tortuguero National Park, one of the most important sea turtle nesting sites in the world for green turtles. Help to support a local community and the Mesoamerican Biological Corridor with a visit to the family run Snake Garden Wildlife Center.
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Kickoff Party
- 3 Lunches
- 4 Dinners
- 7 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All transport and transfers shown
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627239
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Jose||Your Adventure Starts in San Jose: Bienvenidos a Costa Rica. Leave your gringo boots at the door and embrace the Pura Vida playground of Costa Rica. A local host will greet you at the airport and arrange your transfer to the hotel. Chill at the pool or go walkabout before meeting your Travel Director and fellow adventurers this evening for some fiesta fun at our Kickoff Party.|
Sheraton San Jose
|Day 2||Tortuguero National Park||Float Through Tortuguero National Park: Rise this morning and head east through Braulio Carrillo National Park toward the Caribbean Sea. Board a river boat, gliding through canals, lagoons and lowland rainforest teeming with wildlife. You'll be amazed at how many kinds of animals live here-six species of sea turtles, monkeys, caimans, tons of exotic bird species plus rare and endangered ocelots, river otters and manatees. Join a Local Specialist from the Sea Turtle Conservancy Foundation at your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience ?to learn about the turtles that nest in Tortuguero. This evening, we enjoy a buffet dinner at the resort's open-air restaurant along the Tortuguero lagoon.|
Laguna Lodge Tortuguero
|Day 3||Tortuguero National Park||Take A Voyage Through Tortuguero: There's nothing like the wake-up call of a troop of howler monkeys to start your day. Set off on a Family Fun cruise through the park's canals with your Local Specialist and guide to explore the lush waterways of Tortuguero National Park. You may want to start a tally of all the types of wildlife you'll see. Look out for sloths, green iguanas, caiman, crocodiles and colorful toucans. Of course, you'll spot tons of monkeys-agile howler and spider monkeys and white-faced capuchins swinging through the dense rainforest canopy. This afternoon, venture back out on the canals to add to your wildlife tally or relax back at the lodge, the choice is yours. If you're visiting during nesting season (Jul-Sep), choose to join an optional experience night walk with a naturalist guide to witness some of the world's largest turtles laying their eggs. A buffet dinner is served at your hotel this evening.|
|Day 4||Sarapiqui||Unlock The Wildlife of Sarapiqui: Bid adios to the monkeys for now as you boat back to the mainland and travel to Horquetas. Here you'll Connect With Locals and visit a local Tico family's palm plantation to learn how they grow this exotic vegetable. Taste something you've probably never tried before, the delicate heart of palm. Continue travelling to quaint Sarapiqui where your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience is at the Snake Garden Wildlife Center, which rehabilitates animals that can no longer live in the wild. This evening, enjoy a pizza party in an open-air kitchen where you can make your own pizza.|
Arenal Paraiso Resort and Spa
|Day 5||ARENAL NATIONAL PARK||Venture into Arenal National Park: Rise and shine as the forest and volcano call you back. Start the day with a guided trek around the quiet side of the volcano at Arenal National Park. Walk through the old lava rocks and learn about the powerful forces behind the volcano's past eruptions. Then, head to the Arenal Hanging Bridges to walk eye-level with the lush canopy, observe the monkeys, sloths and chattering birds up close, and look out to see towering Arenal Volcano. Later, relax in the thermal springs or take a swim in the pool back at the hotel.|
|Day 6||ARENAL NATIONAL PARK||Fly above Arenal National Park: Imagine yourself soaring high above the jungle floor as you zipline (Waiver Required) through the treetops, eye-to-eye with the lush foliage and exotic rainforest creatures for some Family Fun. Later, head south to Manuel Antonio, renowned for its warm blue waters, beautiful beaches and abundant exotic wildlife.|
Parador Resort and Spa
|Day 7||Manuel Antonio National Park||Marvel at Manuel Antonio National Park: Walking deep into the national park with your Local Specialist guide, you'll definitely check off a few more creatures on your wildlife list-at last count, there were 109 different animals and 184 species of birds living here. Listen to the whooping bark of howler monkeys and the chattering of mischievous squirrel and white-faced monkeys. Then, it's time to hit the beach. Laze in the warm Pacific or choose an optional Mangrove Kayak tour^ or Open Sea Kayak and Snorkel tour^ where you may see various bird species, reptiles, anteaters and white-faced monkeys. This evening, join your fellow explorers to celebrate new friendships over a Farewell Dinner at the hotel.|
|Day 8||San Jose||Back To San Jose: Travel back to San Jose's Juan Santamaria International Airport for your flight or consider extending your stay at the Sheraton San Jose.|
- If you are looking even further ahead, this trip is available to book in 2023. Visit our website for dates and today's best prices.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class