Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2022
Glide through tree-lined waterways and relax in thermal pools, sample chocolate made from the world's best cacao, and journey back in time with a native Quaker in Old Town Monteverde. Your Costa Rica tour captures the natural highlights of this biodiverse country.
- Visit Tortuguero National Park, Sarapiqui, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- View Arenal Volcano
- Connect with Locals Visit the Quintana family's Hacienda Pozo Azul and discover how they reduce their carbon footprint and support the local community.Visit a local Tico family's palm plantation to learn about and taste the delicate heart of palm.Tonight you'll enjoy some time with the owners of your hotel, providing a unique experience, as they prepare a special BBQ meal just for you.
- Dive Into Culture Meet master chocolatiers, Julio Fernandez and George Soriano, to learn about the history of chocolate and how it is produced at this small workshop.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER The Sea Turtle Conservancy Tortuguero Visitor Center is an educational center located in the heart of Tortuguero National Park, one of the most important sea turtle nesting sites in the world for green turtles.
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 2 Be My Guests
- 3 Dinners
- 3 Lunches
- 7 Breakfasts
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627223
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Jose||Welcome to San Jose: Learn the secrets of Pura Vida - Costa Rica's inimitable zest for life that will linger throughout your effortlessly delivered encounter with a land that boasts no artificial ingredients. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow expeditioners for a Welcome Reception.|
Sheraton San Jose
|Day 2||Tortuguero National Park||Discover the natural beauty of Tortuguero National Park: Journey to San Isidro de Heredia, where we'll Dive into Culture with master chocolatiers, Julio Fernandez and George Soriano, to learn about the history of chocolate and how it is produced at this small workshop. Then, it's on to Siquirres where we'll embark on a river journey with a Local Specialist through protected wetlands to secluded Tortuguero. Enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience in the heart of Tortuguero with a visit to the Sea Turtle Conservancy Tortuguero Visitor Center. Later, we enjoy dinner at our hotel this evening accompanied by the enchanting sounds of resident cicadas and tree frogs.|
Laguna Lodge Tortuguero
|Day 3||Tortuguero National Park||Visit the wildlife of Tortuguero National Park: Cruise the canals and streams of the park today with a Local Specialist as howler monkeys watch from the treetops, toucans and egrets fly through the air and crocodiles ply the cool waters. Visit the Village of Tortuguero. If you are here between July and September, take an optional tour to see the sea turtles laying eggs on the beach.|
|Day 4||Sarapiqui||Sample heart of palm in Sarapiqui: Bid adios to Tortuguero and head back to the mainland where we'll enjoy lunch before meeting the Tico family for a Connect With Locals experience at their palm plantation. There you'll learn about and sample the delicate heart of palm. Tonight you'll enjoy a Be My Guest with the owners of your hotel, providing a Connect With Locals experience, as they prepare a special BBQ meal just for you.|
La Quinta Sarapiqui Lodge
|Day 5||Sarapiqui||Mingle with Locals in Saripiqui: Rise with the sun to get up close and personal with Costa Rica's exquisite nature during a leisurely hike. Keep a lookout for the endangered great green macaw and connect with your beautiful natural surroundings. Embark on an optional rafting trip^ later this morning. We Connect With Locals this afternoon, enjoying a Be My Guest lunch at an eco-friendly hacienda built by the Quintana family as a retirement project. Today, it is home to an organic farm and related eco-adventures. Learn how your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER?? Experience contributes to the local community. Our journey continues to Arenal Volcano, on whose slopes we spend the afternoon relaxing in our resort's beautifully landscaped thermal pools.|
Arenal Paraiso Resort and Spa
|Day 6||Monteverde Cloud Forest||Immerse in the stories of Monteverde Cloud Forest: Our soul-stirring encounter with Costa Rica's natural wonders continues after a morning at leisure. Straddle the Continental Divide and touch the sky in Monteverde Cloud Forest, where you'll have an opportunity to explore this biodiverse sanctuary, renowned for its collection of orchid species - more than in any other single place. Tonight, you will Connect With Locals as you meet a native Quaker, and Local Specialist, who will share stories of Old Town Monteverde and delve into the history of the American Quakers who settled in the area in the 1950s. This evening, relish some of the best views as you enjoy dinner.|
El Establo Mountain
|Day 7||Monteverde Cloud Forest||Wander the Monteverde Cloud Forest: This morning, join your Local Specialist guide for an excursion through the lush rainforests of Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. We ascend to the treetops high above the jungle floor below, treading lightly along the Sky Walk^ suspension bridges amongst the wildlife that find sanctuary in the boughs of the surrounding canopy. As our epic eco-adventure nears its end, we share stories with newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 8||San Jose||Depart San Jose: Transfer to San Jose International Airport.|
- If you are looking even further ahead, this trip is available to book in 2023. Visit our website for dates and today's best prices.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class