Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2023
One of our most popular Austria and Switzerland trips, this incredible duo also delivers a visit to the little Liechtenstein capital. The Alps take centre stage on this journey, but you'll also learn about life as a Carinthian nun when you join them for dinner in a former castle.
- Explore Salzburg and Vienna with a Local Specialist
- Discover Zurich, Innsbruck and Lucerne
- Visit Vaduz, St. Moritz, Stresa, Graz, Lipizzaner Stud farm in Piber and Zermatt
- View the Golden Roof and Hofburg Palace in Innsbruck, the Matterhorn and Jungfrau mountains (weather permitting), Chillon Castle, Bern and the Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument in Lucerne
- See Melk Abbey and the Wachau Valley
- Connect With Locals You are taken on a tour of the Monastery of Kloster Wernberg, originally a castle, today home to 60 Missionary Sisters of the Precious Blood with whom you'll enjoy a traditional Carinthian Be My Guest dinner.
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 12 Breakfasts
- 2 Be My Guest
- 2 Dinners
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16422353
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Welcome to Zurich: Your epic journey to the heart of Europe launches in the sophisticated cultural hotspot of Zurich, whose historic centre and scenic lakeside you will have an opportunity to explore, before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for an orientation of the city's iconic sights and a Welcome Reception.|
|Day 2||Liechtenstein and Salzburg||Journey to Liechtenstein and Salzburg: Embark on a soul-stirring encounter with the valleys and lofty peaks of Liechtenstein, bound for its tiny capital, Vaduz. Continue along the scenic Arlberg route through the Tyrol to your overnight stop in the Baroque city of Salzburg. Here, you will join a Local Specialist for a walking tour that will take you past iconic sights, including the house where Mozart once lived and Domplatz with its imposing Salzburger Dom Cathedral, Residenz Castle and St. Peter's Abbey.|
Austria Trend Europa
|Day 3||Vienna||Onwards to Vienna: Waltz through the scenic Austrian countryside, past Lake Mondsee and the rolling hills and fortresses of the Wachau Valley. See Melk Abbey overlooking the beautiful Danube, then continue to Vienna. Perhaps spend your first evening in the 'City of Music' on an Optional Experience Viennese dinner with traditional entertainment.|
|Day 4||Artistic Vienna||Discover Artistic Vienna: Admire the grand boulevards and beautiful Gothic and Baroque facades on a guided sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist, who will take you to see the State Opera, Hofburg, St. Stephen's Cathedral and Parliament. Immerse yourself in the centuries-old history, before spending free time soaking up the Kaffee culture of the city. This evening, you may wish to embrace the talents of the 'City of Music' and attend a Viennese concert in one of the city's magnificent performance venues.|
|Day 5||Riverside Villach||Off to the Riverside Villach: We journey south to Graz, with its striking architecture and fascinating Roman history. Continue to Lipizzaner Stud farm at Piber where we'll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the breeding of these athletic white stallions for the Spanish Riding School. Then head to Villach, our home for tonight. This evening, we Connect With Locals and join Sister Monika and the nuns of Kloster Wernberg at a monastery housed in a beautiful old castle. Enjoy their hospitality and a traditional Carinthian dinner at this Be My Guest experience.|
|Day 6||Innsbruck||Ascend to Alpine Innsbruck: Enjoy spectacular Alpine scenery, journeying over the remarkable Felbertauern Road on your way to the capital of the Tyrol, Innsbruck. Here you will have an opportunity to admire Emperor Maximilian I's Golden Roof, St. James Cathedral and see the Olympic ski jump. You could choose to marvel at the fascinating crystal installations and browse for precious gifts and souvenirs at the Swarovski Crystal Worlds Store.|
|Day 7||St. Moritz||Venture to St. Moritz: This morning, we cross the Swiss border and travel through the enchanting landscapes of the Engadine Valley. Arriving in the chic winter sports resort of St. Moritz, we have the afternoon on our own to explore the scenic landscape or perhaps take a mountain pass train ride.|
|Day 8||Lake Maggiore and on to Zermatt||Journey to Lake Maggiore and on to Zermatt: Drive via the Maloja Pass, past Lake Como, to Lake Maggiore. Explore the lakeside town of Stresa, before seeing the Borromean Islands. Then, head towards the Simplon Pass en route to Zermatt, where you will dine at your hotel.|
|Day 9||Zermatt||Zermatt Your Way: Spend a full free day soaking up Zermatt's crisp mountain air and panoramic vistas. Relax in beautiful surrounds or consider an Optional Experience to the Klein Matterhorn for the most spectacular mountain views.|
|Day 10||On to Lake Geneva and Montreux||On to Lake Geneva and Montreux: We continue our journey through the Rhone Valley, arriving on the tranquil shores of Lake Geneva later today, where we will view Chillon Castle. We follow the lakeshore to Montreux, set against the pristine backdrop of snow-covered peaks and vineyards.|
|Day 11||Lucerne||Cross the Brunig Pass to Lucerne: Travel via Bern to Interlaken, set in the heart of Switzerland in the shadow of the mighty Jungfrau. Then, cross the Brunig Pass to lakeside Lucerne, where you'll view the ancient wooden Chapel Bridge suspended over the Reuss and visit the poignant Lion Monument to pay tribute to the brave Swiss Guards who lost their lives defending Louis XVI during the French Revolution.|
|Day 12||Lucerne||Lucerne Your Way: Snow-capped peaks surround you as you wander through the medieval streets of Lucerne, lined with colourful muralled facades. Spend a full day on your own exploring the Old Town, enjoy a leisurely Swiss lunch or consider an Optional Experience ascending a nearby mountain for panoramic views. This evening, toast to your epic journey during your Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 13||Journey Home||Journey Home: We say a fond farewell to Switzerland and our newfound friends at the end of an unforgettable journey. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Drinking Water: Tap water is safe to drink in all of the destinations on this trip. Please remember to bring a water bottle.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class