Brochure Type: Preview Europe and Britain 2022
Saddle up for a wild ride through the best of Holland on this epic Netherlands trip. You'll see the works of great masters at the Rijksmuseum, cycle through medieval Groningen like a local and soak up some of that characteristic gezellig spirit with a family on their farm.
- Explore the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, Zwolle and Groningen (on bicycle tour) with a Local Specialist
- Discover Amsterdam and Rotterdam
- Visit Aalsmeer or Keukenhof (when open), Royal Delft Pottery, the Airborne Museum in Arnhem, Hoge Veluwe Park, Kroller-Muller Museum in Zutphen and a cheese and clog factory in Volendam
- View the John Frost Bridge in Arnhem
- Tickets for Keukenhof Tulip Bulb fields are included during the flowering season (end of March until mid-May)
- 6 breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15855366
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2021
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Welcome to Amsterdam: What better place to start your jaunt through Holland than Amsterdam? Spend your day strolling through its pretty streets and tree-lined canals, stopping for a coffee and speculaas along the way. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening on a scenic canal cruise, including a light meal and welcome drinks, admiring the centuries-old facades.|
|Day 2||Explore Amsterdam's Art and Architecture||Explore Amsterdam's Art and Architecture: Delve into the Golden Age and its extraordinary art, architecture and history, traversing the city's inner labyrinth of canals and narrow streets, along which hundreds of sturdy Dutch bicycles rattle day and night. Enjoy a Small Group Sightseeing tour of the Rijksmuseum, featuring the works of great Dutch masters, including Rembrandt's 'The Night Watch'.|
|Day 3||Aalsmeer/Keukenhof, The Hague and Rotterdam||Journey to Aalsmeer/Keukenhof, The Hague and Rotterdam: We rise with the birds this morning, taking a trip to Aalsmeer to visit the vibrant flower auction and see the vividly hued blooms for which Holland is so famous. Alternatively, during the flowering season (end of March until mid-May), we'll enjoy an included visit to the tulip fields of Keukenhof - the mesmerising sight of several million flowering bulbs planted across 32 hectares will leave you in absolute awe. This afternoon, we travel through The Hague to the historic town of Delft and Dive Into Culture at the Royal Delft Pottery workshop where we'll gain insights into the manufacturing of this delicate hand-painted blue and white porcelain. We continue to edgy Rotterdam, which was rebuilt from the ground up after being destroyed during World War II. Your orientation tour will reveal an innovative city with architectural treasures worth capturing on camera and a vibrant multicultural scene around every turn.|
|Day 4||Arnhem and Oosterbeek||Onwards to Arnhem and Oosterbeek: We travel north to Arnhem to see John Frost Bridge, so named to pay tribute to the commander of the British forces that held the bridge for four days with a mere 750 soldiers, during the World War II Battle of Arnhem. We stop for a visit of the Airborne Museum to learn about the Battle of Arnhem. This afternoon, we'll also visit the Hoge Veluwe Park and the Kroller-Muller Museum, featuring the second-largest Van Gogh collection in the world.|
|Day 5||Zwolle and Groningen||Off to Stunning Zwolle and Groningen: We head north to the beautiful Hanseatic city of Zwolle, where we'll join our Local Specialist for a walking tour through its medieval centre before making our way to way to Groningen. With its rich history and peculiar Fries dialect, the city will be a highlight for culture and history buffs.|
|Day 6||Amsterdam||Venture to Volendam and Return to Amsterdam: Dive Into Culture and saddle up to explore the university city of Groningen during a guided bicycle tour of its medieval centre. Ramble along the city's ring of canals like a local, before enjoying a stunning drive through the mesmerising Frisian Lake District en route to Volendam, a former fishing port on the edge of IJsselmeer. Dive Into Culture and learn about the craft of wooden clog making and Dutch cheese, followed by a celebratory Be My Guest Farewell Dinner with the Pauw family as you Connect With Locals over a traditional Dutch meal.|
|Day 7||Amsterdam||Farewell Amsterdam: For now we say a fond tot ziens to Amsterdam and our newfound friends, closing the door on a memorable Dutch experience. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class