Brochure Type: Preview Europe and Britain 2022
Remember why you love to travel on this in-depth Paris trip. You'll blend your very own unique fragrance, go behind the scenes and uncover the secrets of Montmartre's artists' quarter and imagine the charmed life of the 'Sun King' as you explore Versailles.
- Explore Paris with a Local Specialist
- Visit the Eiffel Tower, Fragonard Parfumerie, the Royal Estate of Versailles including the Royal Palace, the Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinette's Hamlet 'Le Petit Hameau', the 'village' of Montmartre and the Louvre Museum
- View the Champs Elysees, the Paris Opera House, the Arc de Triomphe, the Place de la Concorde and Notre Dame Cathedral
- 7 breakfasts
- 1 lunches
- 2 dinners (Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15547021
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris: Paris is yours to explore on this in-depth City Explorer. Check in to your centrally located hotel and spend the afternoon getting to know your surrounds. Wander through the leafy boulevards and winding lanes of the French capital, stopping for a leisurely cafe au lait while watching sophisticated Parisians go by. This evening, join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a quintessentially Parisian Welcome Reception.|
Le Meridien Etoile
|Day 2||Paris and the Eiffel Tower||Paris and the Eiffel Tower: Join your Travel Director this morning for a tour of this mesmerising city. View the grand Champs Elysees, Place de la Concorde and Arc de Triomphe, built by Napoleon in the 19th?century. Delve into its hidden squares and secret passages, visiting one of Paris's most historic neighbourhoods and a favourite local haunt that remains a secret to outsiders. Next you'll Dive Into Culture at Fragonard Parfumerie for a visit with a certified 'nose' who will guide you in the creation of your own unique fragrance. Later, you'll experience a true Parisian highlight. Ascend to the second level of the Eiffel Tower for incredible views of the city, then enjoy an afternoon tea at the Tower's restaurant.|
|Day 3||Consider an Optional D-Day Experience||Consider an Optional D-Day Experience: Spend the day soaking up the sights and sounds of this elegant European capital. Your Travel Director will suggest activities and attractions that will ensure a memorable day spent discovering Paris. You may wish to experience a full-day Optional Experience on the Normandy coast to uncover the poignant history of the D-Day Landings. Spend your evening at leisure exploring the city's glittering sights at night.|
|Day 4||A Day to Explore Versailles||A Day to Explore Versailles: Tread in the footsteps of French nobility and explore the opulence and splendour of Versailles. Join a Local Specialist as you wander through the palace's extraordinary Hall of Mirrors and Battles Gallery. Stroll through the picturesque Royal Gardens and visit the Petit Trianon to see first-hand how the French Royal Family lived in private, before discovering Marie Antoinette's Hamlet. Return to Paris later for an evening at leisure.|
|Day 5||Experience the Marais and French Cuisine||Experience the Marais and French Cuisine: Explore the intriguing and beautiful Marais district on a walking tour. See the mansions and courtyards of this delightful corner of Paris. Then, Dive Into Culture, savouring the exquisite flavours of French cuisine as you meet a Parisian chef for an unforgettable lunch experience. Delve into local culinary secrets, and delicious flavours and aromas, which you will have an opportunity to create yourself and enjoy afterwards. Spend the rest of the day at leisure. This evening, perhaps connect with the pageantry of a traditional cabaret performance at the world-famous Moulin Rouge.|
|Day 6||Enjoy Montmartre and the Louvre||Enjoy Montmartre and the Louvre: A leisurely start to our morning sees us take a private street trolley car back in time to the colourful hillside 'village' of Montmartre, home to the picturesque Sacre-Coeur. Join your Local Specialist and Dive Into Culture as we tread in the footsteps of Picasso, Dali and Van Gogh, as you discover the hidden squares, artists' haunts and romantic hideaways along with ample time for shopping. Spend the rest of the day on your own embracing your inner bon vivant, before embarking on a special evening experience at the renowned Louvre museum. Enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the museum during this Small Group Sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist.|
|Day 7||Paris||Paris Your Way: Perhaps admire the exquisite collection of modern art in the Centres George Pompidou or enjoy an Optional Experience to the inspirational gardens of Monet at Giverny. This evening, Connect With Locals during a memorable Be My Guest experience and Farewell Dinner at Chez Paul, bringing you back to the Paris of the forties and fifties.?|
|Day 8||Paris||Au Revoir Paris: After breakfast, it's time to bid Paris au revoir as you prepare to return home after a memorable break in one of the world's greatest cities. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Bastille Day is a national holiday in France. Celebrations will be taking place throughout Paris on 14 July.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class