Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2021
Visit the Vatican before the crowds, journey through Tuscan landscapes and cruise along the canals of Venice. You'll also encounter the Renaissance highlights of Florence and the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- VIP Admission to the Vatican Museums
- Explore Rome and Florence with a Local Specialist
- Discover Venice, Verona and Pisa
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum in Rome and a glassblowing factory in Venice
- View the ancient sites of Rome, the Byzantine St. Mark's Basilica, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence
- Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- 6 breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15149297
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Ciao Rome: Indulge all your senses in the imperial city of Rome, your introduction to a memorable encounter with Italy which will have you returning for more. Spend your afternoon relaxing after your journey, or explore the ancient city streets before joining your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception. This evening, we take an orientation drive past Rome's most magnificent sights which we will have an opportunity to explore tomorrow.|
|Day 2||Rome||Explore Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: Our encounter with Rome begins in the Holy See as we visit the Vatican Museums in the company of a Local Specialist to admire the masterpieces that have been collected by Popes throughout the centuries. Gaining priority early admission, we admire the magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and visit St. Peter's Basilica, the greatest church in Christendom, to see Michelangelo's sorrowful Pieta. Crossing the Tiber, we venture into Ancient Rome to visit the imposing Colosseum and view Circus Maximus, once the site of tremendous chariot races. Spend a leisurely afternoon exploring Rome. Admire the Spanish Steps or toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to secure your speedy return.|
|Day 3||Venice||Journey to the Floating City of Venice: This morning, we venture north through the valley of the Tiber into the green and golden landscapes of Umbria. We pass the hilltop towns of Orte and Orvieto, travelling through Tuscany's terraced olive groves and the Apennine Mountains bound for Venice, the 'Queen of the Adriatic'.|
Novotel Mestre Castellana
|Day 4||Verona||Onwards to Verona: We cruise by private launch to the city's most prominent sights, including views of the Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica and the ornate Doge's Palace. Dive Into Culture witnessing first-hand the intricate craft of glassblowing. Soak up the pageantry and elegance of Venice before continuing to Verona, home of Shakespeare's ill-fated lovers Romeo and Juliet, where we'll spend the night.|
|Day 5||Florence||Admire Pisa and on to Florence: Pisa's UNESCO-listed Square of Miracles is our first stop today where we will have the opportunity to view the Leaning Tower before arriving in Florence. Explore the birthplace of the Renaissance and home to the Medici dynasty, whose penchant for beautiful art and architecture created one of the cultural centres of the world. Tonight we Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience set against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves.|
|Day 6||Rome||All Roads Lead to Rome: We join a Local Specialist today to delve into the rich medieval and Renaissance history of Florence. Our sightseeing tour will take us to the Piazza della Signoria with its impressive sculptures and imposing palazzi. Wandering through the narrow streets, we encounter the multi-coloured marble Duomo and famous Baptistery. We'll learn about the quality and workmanship of one of this city's historic industries at a demonstration of Florentine leathercraft. Next, we'll view the almost 700-year-old Ponte Vecchio, a spectacular feat of engineering dating from the Middle Ages and today lined with jewellers. Our journey continues through Umbria to the valley of the Tiber River and back to Rome. Toast to a memorable holiday with newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 7||Rome||Farewell Rome: After breakfast, it's time to say a fond arrivederci to Rome, Italy and your travel companions as you return home with wonderful memories of this magnificent destination. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Special Rate Solo Rooming: Departures 23 July, 06 August and 20 August 2021 will include 20 - 100% discount on our standard single supplement. Please see trafalgar.com for pricing.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class