Wonders of St Petersburg and Moscow Summer 2020
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2020
A rail adventure combining art and antiquities with such attractions as the Hermitage Museum, Red Square and the Kremlin. Gain insights into Russia's transformation over the centuries.
- SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING in St. Petersburg, enjoy a guided tour of the Hermitage Museum with a group size of no more than 25 guests
- VISIT the Peter and Paul Fortress and St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow
- VIEW the Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great in St. Petersburg and Red Square and the Walls of the Kremlin in Moscow
- 6 breakfasts
- 2 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14623939
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||St. Petersburg||Arrive St. Petersburg (3 Nights): Tread in the footsteps of tsars and tsarinas, of artists, poets and musicians, whose great gifts to the romantic city of St. Petersburg you will have an opportunity to see during an orientation drive through Russia's 'Imperial City' after meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and light dinner.|
Park Inn by Radisson Nevsky
|Day 2||St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg Sightseeing and Hermitage Museum visit: Explore the might of imperial Russia on a sightseeing tour with a 'Local Specialist'. View the magnificent Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great. Visit the Peter and Paul Fortress on an included visit before we 'Connect With Locals', meeting some of the students of St. Petersburg's Theatre for canapes and a stage performance. Learn how your visit will 'Make a Difference' to the theatrical education of St. Petersburg's youth. Later, join a Small Group Sightseeing visit with a 'Local Specialist' to the Hermitage Museum. Consider a theatre visit to enjoy a fascinating Russian Folklore performance.|
|Day 3||St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg At Leisure: The narrow lanes and grand boulevards of St. Petersburg are ours to explore today. Admire the ornate domes and colourful mosaics of the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood and the gold-plated dome of St. Isaac's Cathedral.|
|Day 4||Moscow||St. Petersburg - High-Speed Train - Moscow (3 Nights): After a hearty breakfast, enjoy some time at leisure before boarding a train to the Russian capital. En route, contemplate the tumultuous and captivating history of an ancient city that oozes grandeur, and the indomitable spirit of the Russian nation which saw it send the first man to outer space. Straddling the Moskva River, this city is the country's political, economic, religious and financial hub - and your home for the next three nights.|
|Day 5||Moscow||Moscow Sightseeing and At Leisure: Enjoy a leisurely morning exploring Moscow your way or head to the ancient 14th-century town of Sergiev Posad on Russia's Golden Ring route on an Optional Experience. Home to the beautiful blue and gold onion domes of the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the town is the centre of Orthodox faith and Russia's most important pilgrimage site. Visit the Troitse-Sergiieyeva Lavra, a working monastery which still operated during the atheist years of Communist rule. Then, return to Moscow for a guided sightseeing tour with your 'Local Specialist' which features the imposing walls of the Kremlin.|
|Day 6||Moscow||Moscow At Leisure: A leisurely start to your day could see you enjoying the kofe culture of Moscow with the locals. You could choose instead to join an Optional Experience inside the Kremlin and explore the golden-domed Cathedral of Christ the Saviour before taking a stroll along Arbat street, Moscow's Montmartre. This evening, toast to the magic and magnificence of Mother Russia, joining your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 7||Moscow||Depart Moscow: We close the door on our epic At Leisure holiday in two iconic Russian cities and say farewell to newfound friends. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class