From its world-class art, historical sights, and magnificent cathedrals to its sunny climate and unique cuisine, this is the best way to see the highlights of Spain in a short time! Overnight in Madrid, Seville, Granada, Valencia, and Barcelona Where guided sightseeing or a guided walking tour in each city presents you with Spain's must-see attractions. History buffs will be delighted by visits to Cordoba's 8th-century Mosque of the Caliphs, a very well-preserved mosque that was converted into a cathedral in the 13th century, and Seville's magnificent Casa de Pilatos with its splendid collection of Roman sculptures, plus the magnificent Plaza de Espana. In Granada, visit the Alhambra Complex and the Water Gardens of the Generalife, the oldest decorative garden in the Western world. During your guided walking tour in Valencia, Roman, Moorish, and Spanish history comes alive!If you're interested in art and architecture, you'll be thrilled by the visit to Madrid's Prado Museum, which houses 8,000 pieces of Western painting. In Barcelona, visit the amazing Sagrada Familia Basilica, the masterpiece of architect Gaudi. But that's not allfood must be a part of any Spain tour, and Globus has arranged fun treats for you. A special paella dinner has been prepared for you at a local restaurant in Valencia, and you'll enjoy Sangria, a popular Spanish drink, in Barcelona. These are just a few of the experiences and sights included on this tour. From the historical sights and beautiful art and architecture to the tasty treats and special experiences, this Best of Spain tour is sure to leave you with plenty of memories to share with loved ones back home. So pack your camera and get ready to be amazed.
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594705
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Welcome to Madrid! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Madrid||Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely turned towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza de Espana with its monument to Cervantes, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Today's highlight is a visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM, founded in 1819, and considered to have one of the finest collections of European art of the last eight centuries, with the works of Goya, El Greco, Rubens, Titian, and more. An optional excursion to Toledo is available. (B)|
|Day 3||Seville||Drive south through the arid landscapes of Don Quixote's La Mancha to Cordoba, where sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the medieval Jewish Quarter, the MOSQUE OF THE CALIPHS, famous for its 850 pillars of porphyry, marble, and jasper, the Roman Bridge, and the remains of the Alcazar. Next is Seville, the vibrant, festive capital of Andalusia.Today's Distance: 354 mi / 570 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Seville||Start with a visit to magnificent PLAZA DE ESPANA, set of the movies Lawrence of Arabia and Star Wars. Meet your Local Guide, and hear about the city's role in Roman times, its conquest by the Moors in 712 AD, and its contribution to the discovery of the New World. Admire Maria Luisa Park, the Golden Tower on the Guadalquivir River, and the university that was once the tobacco factory of Carmen fame. Also visit the magnificent CASA DE PILATOS, a mixture of Moorish and Roman architecture with a splendid collection of Roman sculptures. Then, stroll through the narrow lanes of the charming SANTA CRUZ QUARTER. For those interested, an optional extended guided visit to the cathedral can be arranged. For a truly Andalusian night out, reserve a seat at our optional Flamenco show. (B)|
|Day 5||Granada||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features Granada's main attraction: the ALHAMBRA COMPLEX. The mighty yet graceful citadel was planned by 13th-century Moorish ruler Al Ahamar. A fantasy of 'lace in stone' surrounded by arabesque gardens and fountains, it affords superb views of the Old Quarter and Sacromonte, a mountain occupied by Gypsy cave dwellers. Also amble through the magnificent WATER GARDENS OF THE GENERALIFE, the royal summer residence.Today's Distance: 199 mi / 320 km (B)|
|Day 6||Valencia||Cross Mora Pass and the troglodyte cave dwellings, hollowed out of the soft tufa stone, near Purullena and Guadix on your way to Valencia, once a royal capital. During your guided walking tour, Valencia's Roman, Moorish, and Spanish history comes alive. Taste a traditional Horchata drink, and this evening, [LF] a paella dinner has been prepared at a local restaurant.Today's Distance: 360 mi / 580 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Barcelona||A scenic drive along the coast brings you to Barcelona, Spain's second-largest city and host of the 1992 Olympic Games.Today's Distance: 211 mi / 340 km (B)|
|Day 8||Barcelona||In the morning, an optional excursion to Montserrat is available. Later, sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Columbus Monument, Plaza de Cataluna, and Paseo de Gracia. Visit the spectacular Sagrada Familia basilica, Gaudi's masterpiece, followed by a panoramic view of the city and harbor from Montjuic Hill. Tonight, enjoy [LF] a Sangria and farewell dinner at La Fonda del Port Olimpic restaurant to say adios to your traveling companions. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Barcelona||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $560Triple room reduction per person: $30Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).