Brochure Type: Preview Europe 2020 USA
The river valleys of romantic Devon and Cornwall take centre stage on this journey past Bath, rural Wiltshire, and the ruined Tintagel Castle where, legend has it, King Arthur was born.
- ORIENTATION of Bristol, Bath, Dunster, Lynmouth, Plymouth, Exeter and Salisbury
- VIEW Windsor Castle, the 'Capability' Brown landscaped parkland at Longleat, Tintagel Castle in Cornwall, the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth and St. Michael's Mount
- VISIT Royal Windsor, the Roman Baths in Bath, Longleat House in Warminster, Lacock village, the ancient seaport of Bideford, the artists' colony of St. Ives, the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge and John Constables Salisbury
- 7 full breakfasts
- 1 lunch (including Be My Guest)
- 2 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotel
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- London airport transfers are available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfer page link below for details
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14499576
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London: Welcome to London, a vibrant mix of old and new which marches to its very own unforgettable multi-cultural tune. Spend your day exploring the city's iconic sights - its royal heritage, exquisite architecture and fascinating museums. Then take to the city's streets this evening, enjoying the buzz of Soho or perhaps attend a West End show.|
|Day 2||Bristol||London - Windsor - Bath - Bristol (2 Nights): This morning, meet your Travel Director for a journey through lush landscapes to the historic market town of Windsor. Enjoy free time to ramble through its streets and visit the elegant 11th-century castle. We continue east to the stately Georgian town of Bath, whose beautiful Pulteney Bridge and 15th-century Gothic Abbey provide a picturesque backdrop for the Roman Baths from which the city takes its name. See the steamy thermal pool of the 'Great Bath' before travelling to easy-going Bristol, where we'll enjoy an orientation of the city including views of the Clifton Suspension Bridge and Brunel's SS Great Britain, the world's first ocean-going luxury liner.|
Hilton Garden Inn City Centre
|Day 3||Bristol||Longleat Stately Home and Lacock Excursion: Leaving trendy Bristol behind, we embark on a scenic drive through the English countryside, arriving at Longleat Stately Home where we'll 'Dive Into Culture' and gain insights into centuries of British tradition. Embark on an included guided tour of one of the country's finest stately homes, currently home to the 7th Marquess of Bath. Wander through its grand rooms featuring priceless collections of art, antiques and tapestries collected by 15 generations and admire the exquisite 'Capability' Brown landscaped parkland. Later, we stop in the picturesque village of Lacock - its honey-coloured stone cottages and 15th-century inns have served as a iconic backdrop for such famous films as 'Pride & Prejudice' and 'Harry Potter', among others.|
|Day 4||Bideford||Bristol - Dunster - Exmoor National Park - Lynmouth - Bideford: Take a step back in time to the medieval village of Dunster with its picturesque thatched cottages, 17th-century yarn market and Working Watermill, built on the site of a mill mentioned in the Domesday Survey of 1086. Driving through the dramatic landscapes of Exmoor National Park, we stop in Lynmouth for some time at leisure and perhaps a ride on the famous funicular cliff lift to nearby Lynton. Our home for this evening is the historic port town of Bideford with its imposing 15th-century bridge which spans the Torridge River.|
|Day 5||Exeter||Bideford - Tintagel - Exeter (2 Nights): Tales of knights and medieval myths and legends take centre stage today as we enjoy views of the ruined Tintagel Castle, reputedly the birthplace of King Arthur. We 'Connect With Locals', joining the Kempthorne family for a light Cornish Be My Guest lunch and tales of farming heritage at their homely Cornish farmstead, which has been in their family since the early 18th century. As the day draws to its close, we sit in quiet contemplation with the sounds of choral music filling the historic St. Martin's Church, as part of the 'Make A Difference' initiative to support The Churches Conservation Trust. Spend the rest of the evening exploring the medieval centre of Exeter.|
|Day 6||Exeter||Cornish Excursion including Plymouth, St. Ives and Dartmoor National Park: Our journey continues along the dramatic coastline of Cornwall today, past smugglers' coves and quaint coastal villages. We stop in the maritime city of Plymouth and view the Mayflower Steps, from which brave pilgrims are said to have left English shores for an unknown new world. Next, we travel to lovely St. Ives, a popular retreat for artists, before enjoying views of St. Michael's Mount with its 17th-century castle, sitting dramatically atop the tidal island near the seaside town of Penzance. We travel through the brooding landscape of Dartmoor National Park, stopping at a traditional pub for a memorable Farewell Dinner with our travel companions.|
|Day 7||London||Exeter - Stonehenge - Salisbury - London: Visit the ancient monoliths at Stonehenge, which rise up imposingly on Salisbury Plain this morning, imagining a time when pagans and druids would gather in their mysterious midst. We'll visit the town of Salisbury, home to Britain's tallest spire, before returning to London.|
|Day 8||London||Depart London: Say a fond farewell to your travelling companions at the end of a wonderful holiday, as you prepare to return home with treasured memories.|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class