2019: The Old South & Florida (8290)
13 days from New Orleans to Orlando
NEW ORLEANS Sheraton New Orleans (SF)NATCHEZ Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez (ST)MEMPHIS Crowne Plaza Memphis (MF)NASHVILLE The Inn at Opryland (MF)ATLANTA Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead (MF)SAVANNAH Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District (ST)ORLANDO Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista at Vista Center (F)
Call (888) 825-2779 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13996828
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||New Orleans||Welcome to New Orleans! Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||New Orleans||The morning is dedicated to the sights and sounds of this Old World city. First, visit the French Quarter, including St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square. Next, learn about the city's unique burial customs at an above-ground cemetery, followed by a leisurely drive down historic St. Charles Avenue to enjoy its stately mansions and clanging streetcars. The remainder of the day is at leisure.|
|Day 3||New Orleans||A full day at leisure. Stroll through the centuries-old French Quarter or take a carriage ride while listening to tales of voodoo queens and pirates. History enthusiasts can roam through sprawling Victorian mansions and celebrated museums, catching a glimpse of life the way it used to be in the Old South. Tonight, you might like to experience the city's beauty and romance on a 2-hour cruise from the heart of the French Quarter on New Orleans' only steamboat.|
|Day 4||Natchez||Drive through the heart of Cajun Country to Baton Rouge for an orientation tour that features the Governor's Mansion and the State Capitol. Next, on to elegant Natchez, a thriving port in the golden years of the cotton trade. Visit a gracious PRE-CIVIL WAR HOME featuring fine collections of period furniture and paintings. In the evening, relax and perhaps sip a refreshing mint julep as the sun goes down.|
|Day 5||Memphis||Drive through rural Mississippi to Memphis. On arrival, acquaint yourself with the town during an included orientation tour. For your first night in the 'Home of the Blues,' why not visit one of the famous music clubs on Beale Street, immortalized in WC Handy's famous songs? (B)|
|Day 6||Nashville||A trip to Memphis would not be complete without visiting GRACELAND, the palatial home of 'The King,' Elvis Presley. Our guided audio tour focuses on the memorial garden and the opulent 15,000-square-foot mansion. Afterward, the 'Capital of Country Music,' Nashville.|
|Day 7||Nashville||Its association with country music has made the name 'Nashville' world famous, but it's not just music fans who will find this charming Southern city a delight. Start your day with a visit to STUDIO B, Nashville's oldest surviving recording studio and one of the country's most important. Afterward, enjoy a sightseeing tour of the famous landmarks, including the State Capitol, Bicentennial State Park, and the recording studios of Music Row. Then, visit the COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME with its glittering costumes, rare instruments, and Elvis Presley's 'solid-gold' Cadillac. This evening, you have reserved seating for an unforgettable show at the world-famous GRAND OLE OPRY, a mecca for country musicians since 1925.|
|Day 8||Atlanta||First stop today is Chattanooga, home of the Chattanooga Choo Choo. Then, enter the 'Peach State' of Georgia and continue through Chattahoochee National Forest to the fast-growing metropolis of Atlanta, former home and burial place of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. Enjoy an orientation tour, followed by a short visit to the grave and eternal flame dedicated to preserving his legacy.|
|Day 9||Savannah||Head south through rich, rolling farmland to the historic seaport of Savannah for a 2-night stay. On this afternoon's TROLLEY TOUR, your tour highlights attractions such as the City Market, Forsyth Park, Mercer House, Madison Square (where General Sherman concluded his 'March to the Sea'), Colonial Park Cemetery, and the world-famous River Street. This evening is free to explore this charming city on your own. (B)|
|Day 10||Savannah||A day at leisure. Shop on cobblestoned River Street or stroll among the many squares surrounded by elegant homes and gardens. Don't miss the impressive Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum to learn about Savannah's important role in maritime history. (B)|
|Day 11||Orlando||Travel into the 'Sunshine State' of Florida, stopping first at St. Augustine, the oldest city in the United States. You will see the oldest Government House and the Spanish fortress, Castillo de San Marcos, on your orientation tour. Then, drive to the magical city of Orlando. (B)|
|Day 12||Orlando||A full day to relax and explore the many sights in the Orlando area. Your Tour Director will suggest a varied and exciting selection of optional outings, such as Disney's huge entertainment parks, including the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Disney's Hollywood Studios (formally MGM Studios).|
|Day 13||Orlando||The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers to Orlando International Airport are included. You can extend your vacation with extra nights and explore the 'Sunshine State' further with a variety of exciting optional activities.|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$829Triple Room Reduction per person:$189Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).